Mi Mix 2S:
Xiaomi just announced it’s 2018’s first flagship phone “Mi Mix 2s” – the successor of 2017’s Mi Mix and claims that Mi Mix 2s has better feautures than iPhone X.
It is common that all the smartphone manufacturers are comparing their best smartphone will iPhone X now as it already set a benchmark.
Mi phones are once considered as Chinese iPhone , since China is one of the country where people are crazy about iPhones and Xioami customised Android similar to iOS and then they entered smart phone market after the huge hit of their highly customised android OS which they named as MIUI.
Xiaomi’s mid range smartphones are arguably one of the best in market because of its build quality, specifications and the affordable price. But their high end smartphones dint get the same reception from the customers. But the company is still in the race with it’s MI series and now launched it’s first flagship smart phone Mi Mix 2s.
Company’s co-founder Lei Jun revealed that Mi Mix 2s price will be launched at the half of the iPhone X’s price which starts from 3299 yuan (~35,000 INR) . He added that they are comparing with iPhone since they feel that Iphone X is the best smart phone in market now and they want to show that their new flag ship surpassed the best in many features of iPhone X.
- Mi Mix 2s will have 5.99 inch full HD plus LCD bezel-less display
- Unchanged 5 MP front facing camera without notch which was adopted by many latest smarphones
- Ceramic and Aluminium body (we may except special edition which has full-ceramic like last year)
- Introduced dual rear cameras – 12 MP (f/1.8, 1/2.55″, 1.4 µm) + 12 MP (f/2.4, 1/2.9″, 1.0 µm) with dual-LED dual-tone flash
- Xiaomi states that they’ve added new AI component to it’s camera to improve it’s functions like portrait mode.
- Powered by Octacore Qualcomm snapdragon 845 processor and Adreno 630 GPU
- Comes with three Variants of 256 GB, 8 GB RAM or 64/128 GB, 6 GB RAM
- Qi wireless charging
- Rear mounted finger print sensor, Type – C charging port
- 3400 mAh Non-removable Li-Ion battery
What can be better:
From the specs sheet , Xiaomi dint compromise and delivered a power packed flagship but we feel it misses few of the other expected features as listed below.
- When the recent smartphones are adopting the notch feature , Xiaomi ignored the feature as they might have felt as unwanted
- Better Front face camera (comes with same 5 MP front facing camera at the selfie season)
- Water and dust resistance
- Headphone jack
Hand’s on Review:
Whether Mi Mix 2s really has better features than iPhone X or it’s a marketing strategy from Xiaomi ? We’ll see in the below Hands-on review from the expert