Battle of Smartpones:
Gone are those days, where people used to choose one in most famous two manufacturers. In the rapidly going smartphone market, now users are having handfull of options to choose their smartphones as per their preference. Are you a heavy user and don’t use camera much, are you a selfie lover and dont play heavy games ? Well, now you will definitely have more than one choices to choose. We’ll compare and contrast the top 3 budget smartphones which are tredning now in market.
We’ll directly see the comparision between the specifications first.
|Asus Pro M1||Redmi note 5 pro||Mi 6x|
|OS||Pure Android Oreo 8.1||Cutomized MIUI||Cutomized MIUI|
|Display:||5.99 inch||5.99 inch||5.99 inch|
|2160 x 1080 Pixels||2160 x 1080 Pixels||2160 x 1080 Pixels|
|18:9 aspect ratio||18:9 aspect ratio||18:9 aspect ratio|
|CPU||Qualcomm Snapdragon 636||Qualcomm Snapdragon 636||Qualcomm Snapdragon 660|
|GPU||Adreno 509||Adreno 509||Adreno 512|
|Internal Storage||32 GB/ 64 GB||64 GB||32 GB/ 64 GB/128 GB|
|RAM||3 GB / 4GB||4 GB / 6 GB||3 GB /4 GB / 6 GB|
|Rear||13MP((f/2.2) + 5MP with Bokeh||12MP(f/2.2) + 5 MP (f/2.0) with portrat mode||12MP (f/1.8, 1/2.9") + 20 MP f/1.8, 1/2.8") with portrat mode|
|Front||8MP||20 MP selfie cam||20 MP selfie cam|
|Flash||Rear and Front flash||Rear and Front flash||Rear and Front flash|
|SIM Type||Dual Sim||Dual Sim||Dual Sim|
|SD Card||Upto 2 TB||Upto 128 GB||Upto 128 GB|
|SD card slot||Dedicated slot||Hybrid slot||Hybrid slot|
|Sensors||rear Fingerprint sensor||rear Fingerprint sensor||rear Fingerprint sensor|
|Face unlock||Face unlock||Face unlock|
|Battery||5000 mAh||4000 mAh||3010 mAh|
|Price||Rs. 10,999 & Rs.12,999||Rs. 13,999 & Rs. 16,999||Rs. 15,999, Rs.18,999 & Rs. 21,999|
Asus Zenphone Pro M1:
What Zenphone offers better:
Asus has really done some homework after the failure of it’s existing zenphone series. With it’s latest Zenphone Pro M1, many analysts claims it as best midrange smartpone at it’s price range which beats Redmi note 5 Pro. Let’s see what is better and what could have been better in this device.
- Whopping 5000 mAh battery which no device offers in this range with this sepcifications.
- Asus overrode it’s average customized UI and moved to stock version of Android which is the best move. With Pure Android and snapdragon 636 chipset, lagging is less likely to see.
- Price: Asus Zenphone Pro M1 price range starts at Rs.10,999. This is the cheapest anyone can get with snapdragon 600 series chipset , 3 GB RAM, dual camera with portrait mode and 5000 mAH battery.
What could have been better:
Asus tried to provide everything to beat it’s rival Redmi note 5 Pro. But it does lacks at few points.
- Fast Charging : Though Asus provides standard 5V/2A adopter, With 5000 mAh battery ASUS could have added fast battery charging feature. Now it may take ~3 hours to fully charge the device.
- Heating issue: We are yet to hear how Asus handled the heating issue with 5000 mAh battery.
Redmi Note 5 Pro:
Redmi Note 5 pro is the Xioami’s first dual camera smartphone in Redmi series. The secondary camera supports Portrait mode which is a trending feature. Redmi note series is a hit for Xioami and analyts certified Redmi note 5 as the best midrange smartphone. Let’s see where this is standing in this comparision.
What Redmi note 5 Pro offers better:
Well, to be frank Redmi note 5 pro is the best device so far in the midrange market. In this comparision,
- Redmi note 5 pro offers 4000 mAh battery which is 30% higher than what Mi 6x offer.
- Redmi note 5 pro sports with 20 MP Selfie Camera Vs. Asus Zenphone Pro Max Pro M1’s 8 MP selfie camera.
What could have been better:
As said earlier, redmi note 5 pro offers everything what we expect from a mid range device. The only thing which is irritating customers is it’s flash sales. Xiaomi could have increased the production and made the availability better.
Xiaomi recenly launced its next midrange smartphone Mi 6X in china. When few says this as Mi A2 which is the successor of Mi A1, but we do not accept this as Mi A2. Mi A1 is the Xiaomi’s first Android One smartphone and only the next Android one smartphone can be considered as it’s successor.
What Mi 6X offers better:
- Mi 6x has Snapdragon 660 chipset which is the next level of Redmi note and Asus M1’s Snapdragon 636.
- Mi 6x comes with 20MP + 12 MP dual camera whereas Redmi note 5 pro sports 12 MP + 5 MP and Asus Pro M1 has 13MP + 5MP rear camera.
- 6 GB RAM with 128 DB inbuilt Variant is available only in Mi 6x now. Asus informed that it will 6 GB variant sooner.
- Mi 6x has inbuilt AI features on the camera , where the device can recognise the scene and adjust settings automatically and it has 12 different Portrait mode settings .
- Mi 6x is thicker than Redmi note 5 pro and Asus M1 may be due the battery size.
- Only Mi 6x supports Fast charging 3.0. Xiaomi claims that 50% of charging within 30 mins.
In short, Mi 6x can b considred as updated version of Redmi note 5 Pro, but we do have a catch,.
What could have been better:
Specification wise Mi 6X tops the list, but 3010 battery for a 5.99 inch smartphone is pretty average. However Fast charging 3.0 may be a relief as company claims that 50% of charging within 30 mins.
We’ve compared the three great devices which are trending now and it’s time to declare a winner. We personally feel that Mi 6X offers the best but with average battery at the same time the price is more compared to it’s competitors.
So we leave it up to you to choose your winner in the comparision. If you are prefer budget freindly smartphone with dual camera with portrait mode then Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 is the best to fulfill your requiremen. 5000 mAH is bonus to you.
If you are a selfie lover and you are ready to pay 2k bucks extra, then Redmi note 5 Pro is for you which sports 20 MP selfie camera.
If you want the best out of three with the advanced features like AI assisstance and added portrait modes and you are fine with 3010 mAh battery, then wait for Mi 6X.
So what is your choice?