Facebook is in the front page of the news paper for quite some time and we know why. 87 million FB users are now victim of Facebook’s Data breach. Now Facebook introduced several new features including mobile recharge.
Data Breach and privacy:
Check here if you want to know any information about the data leak issue and company’s response for the same.
Mark Zukcerberg is likely to testify before congress on April 10th and 11th for this issue.
You want to check what information that facebook has about you? Please check here which has the step by step process to download your facebook data.
After the breach, Facebook is introducting several new features including restrictions on third party applications.
The company’s spokeman spilled the beans about the UnSend feature in FB messenger which is yet to be available to all the users.
- In the recent update, Facebook has introduced few more features. Let’s check them out .
- Mobile Recharge
- Scan QR code
- Device Requests
- City guide
If you update the app, you can see all these features when you click on the three lines at the right top. Screenshot of the features are shon below.
- Both Visa ans Master cards are accepted and we don’t see any payment wallet links in the page.
- In present , Facebook supports only prepaid mobile recharges.
- Facebook may add postpaid and utility bill payments including payment feature as well just like in whatsapp. But again after the recent issue FB will think twice before adding this feature.
- When your privacy is already a concern n FB Will people add their card details? I don’t think so.
- We also see “Offer” in the options. When checked there are no offers right now, Facebook may add few offers sooner to attract customers
- FB introduced Scan QR code feature as well similar to all payment apps.
- We also see a sports section, which shows the major leagues across all sport formats. On selecting Indian Premier league, it shows today’s matches. But on selecting further we’ve got an error message as “Page requested is temporary unabilable” . It may show the live scores in near future. Let’s wait and see.
Apart from these, we do see other options like whether , trwnding news,citu guide and device requests page.
Whether page just displays the whether report and device requests page shows the option to verify new devices. This may be introduced to add security to the users.
With all the new features and many yet to come, it is clearer that facebook wants to be the one point app for all the user needs. Stay connected with us to get the latest updates about the gadgets and Tech.