Xiaomi redefined the pricing of a flagship device with it’s new Poco F1 aka Pocophone. The pocophone has powerful hardware at a killer price. Also Xiaomi tried a new modified MiUi for Poco F1. Poco F1 is currently running with Android Oreo and Xiaomi confirmed that Android Pie will be available for the device in Q4. So why we have to wait till the official update when we have the wonderful Android pie AOSP ROM available for Poco F1. Let us see how to install Android Pie on Poco F1.
Disclaimer: Rooting your device will void your warranty. We are not responsible in case of any unexpected things happened on your device.
- Please note that the ROM is in BETA testing and few functionalities not work which will be fixed in next updates. Check out what may not work here.
- Make sure your battery is more than 65%
- Remove any lock screen security set up like finger print authorization or pass code.
- A PC and a standard USB cable.
- Install ADB and fastboot in your PC ( Here is the simple guide to install ADB and fastboot)
- You need to unlock your bootloader before proceeding. Check here how to unlock bootloader for Xiaomi devices.
- You need to install TWRP recovery on your smartphone to flash the AOSP ROM. Follow this guide to install TWRP recovery on your Poco F1
How to install Android Pie
- As mentioned in the prerequisites section, you need to install TWRP recovery to install Android Pie. Follow this guide to install TWRP recovery on your Poco F1
- Now extract the downloaded Android 9 AOSP ROM . The final.file will have .img extension
- Connect the smartphone to your OC and transfer the extracted ROM (which is in .IMG format) and GApps to your smartphone.
- Now you need to reboot your phone into recovery mode. To do so, turn off your device and wait till the device switched off completely
- Press and hold Power and Volume up buttons at the same time for 5-10 seconds until you see the Poco logo on the screen.
- You’ll see the TWRP main screen. On home scree. Tap on Mount, and make sure System is selected.
- Go back to TWRP home screen, Tap on Install ->Select Install Image -> browse for the extracted ROM file and Swipe to flash
This will begin installing Android Pie on your Poco F1. Wait till the installation completes. Once the installation is completed, you need to install GApps. Make sure you’ve moved the downloaded Gapps package to your Smartphone.
- Now Go back to TWRP home page, Tap on “Install”, browse and select the GApps package and swipe to install
- Once the installation process completes,
- Go back to TWRP home, Reboot-> System to reboot your device.
First boot may take some time which is normal. Device will boot with the all new Android Pie.