Transferring files from Android to Macbook has never been easy. If you are looking for a guide to transfer files from Android smartphones to Macbook. Look No Further! Here are the simple two methods.
1) Android File transfer tool
Google has provided a tool to transfer files from Android smartphones to Macbook.
Android File Transfer
Browse and transfer files between your Mac computer and your Android device.
- Click here to Download the Android File Transfer tool
- Open AndroidFileTransfer.dmg
- Drag the Android File Transfer file to Applications.
- Connect your smartphone to the Mac using the standard USB cable
- Double click on Android File Transfer.
- Browse the files and folders on your Android device and copy files which you wanted to copy.
- Unfortunately this tool allows to copy files upto 4GB at a time.
The app may freeze if you try to transfer files that goes above the 4GB limit. So you have to transfer multiple times.
If you are not happy with Android File Transfer , No worries. We have an alternative with no transfer limit.
HandShaker has more features and also support Unlimited transfer Which Google’s tool doesn’t.
Search the AppStore for HandShaker and install it. This app has a better UI interface than Google’s tool. It js also very simple to use, Just install the app and plug-in your device using tbe standard usb tool. That is it, you’re good to go. You can drag and drop multiples files with ease.
- Please make sure you uninstall Android File Transfer if you are using Handshaker to prevent any errors.
- Please make sure that you’ve granted USB access from the notification bar to be able to transfer the files