Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+:
Samsung S8 and S8+ are awesome devices. Rooting Android phones will give core access to the user.Once rooted, user can customize and install any firmwares on the device. We can uninstall the in-built manufacturer’s applications as well. But it has its own disadvantages. Here we’ll see how to safely unroot the Samsung Galaxy S8 or S8+ and install the stock firmware.
Samsung designed the software like camera app, Samsung pay etc that works exactly for the device’s hardware. Improper Root may lead to the below issues.
- Phone will not switch on
- Device will be stuck at the Samsung logo
- Few core applications may not work on any third-party applications or firmware.
This leaves the users with red face. Users have to unroot them back and install the Samsung stock firmware to fix the issues.
Table of Contents
Please do not try this with any other smart phones, as the below steps will work only on Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+.Before proceeding please download the below files.
- Search and download the latest Stock firmware as per your model from here. You can get the fast server link for free in this website.
- You can also download the formware from the Samsung’s official site. Make sure you’ve downloaded the firmware exactly for your device’s model number.
- Download and install Samsung USB Drivers
- Download Odin flashing tool for Samsung Galaxy devices and install in your PC (Download)
- Extract the downloaded firmware file now. You should privat sex munich get a file in .tar.md5 format. (You may also get 4 or more files, with AP, BL, CP or CSC etc. written at the privat sex hamburg beginning of those files.)
After installing Samsung USB drivers and Odin flashing tool, we’ll proceed to the below steps.
- Switch off your Samsung S8/S8+.
- Now boot into download mode by pressing Home button + Power Button + Volume down key for 5-7.
- Open the installed Odin App
- Connect your device with PC.
- Now you can see the flash message as conencted in the message box. If youbdebuce doesn’t get added, Re-install the Samsung drivers or try connecting in didferent USB port.
If you have Single .tar file
- Click on AP button on ODIN screen
- select the downloaded firmware (.tar or .tar.md5 extension)
- Wait till the firmware gets loaded. Do not worry if Odin become unresponsive for few seconds as it is loading the firmware in background.
Now skip the next step and proceed to flashing Stock ROM step.
If you have multiple files
If you got more than one .tar/.tar.md5 file, privat sex dusseldorf then you will be having files starting with AP, CSC, Home_CSC, BL, CP, etc. In this case, you have to load the files in it’s privat sex frankfurt corresponding box.
- Click on BL tab in Odin, and select the file beginning with ‘BL’.
- Click on AP tab in Odin, and select the file beginning with AP.
- Now Click on CP tab in odin, and select the file beginning with CP.
- Finally Click on CSC tab, and select the file beginning with HOME_CSC or CSC.
Do not worry if Odin become unresponsive for few seconds as it is loading the firmware in background
Flashing Stock ROM
Now go back to Log tab and click Start button. You can see the latest logs populating in the check box. Once the process is completed, you’ll see “PASS” message in ODIN tool
Once the Odin completes its flashing process, it will reboot the device automatically. The device will be rebooted as unrooted with original stock firmware and your smartphone is back to business now.