Moto One Power
Moto One power is the Motorola’s first official Android One smartphones. Motorola usually doesn’t customize the Android OS much in its smartphones and this time it officially released an Android One Smartphone. Featuring snapdragon 636 with 4 GB of RAM and a whopping 5000 mah battery Moto One power is a solid deal at this price. This devices has many advantages over its competitors Mi A2 and Nokia 6.1 plus. Let us see how to install the custom TWRP recovery on Moto One Power
- Make sure your battery is more than 65%
- Remove any lock screen security set up like finger print authorization or pass code.
- A PC and a standard USB cable.
- Install ADB and fastboot in your PC ( Here is the simple guide to install ADB and fastboot)
- Download the TWRP image file and move it to the same folder where you have installed ADB. UnZip the file and rename the img file as twrp.img for easier access
We have to enable “USB debugging” and “Unlock OEM” first to install twrp recovery. You may need to re-enable them after unlocking bootloader.
How to enable USB Debugging:
- In your device, go to About phone and tap on Build number for few time. This will enable Developer options.
- Go to settings–> developer option in your device and enable OEM unlocking and USB debugging. Below are the sample images where you can find both options. Below are the screenshots for reference.
Once you are done with the above steps, let us proceed to unlock bootloader and install TWRP recovery.
- Connect your smartphone to the pc with a standard USB cable and wait till your phone is detected.
- Move the downloaded TWRP recovery image in the same folder where you’ve installed ADB and fastboot.
- Rename the recover image file to twrp.img for easier access
- Now press SHIFT key and right-click on an empty space inside the folder and Select ‘Open PowerShell window here’ from the right-click menu that appears. If your PC running on windows 10 the option will “Open command window here”
- A command prompt window shall open on your PC now.
- Now type the below command in your command prompt. This will display the list if devices connected.
- Now type the below command in the command prompt to boot your device into fastboot mode
- Now type the below command in the prompt to unlock your devices’ bootloader.
- You can use below command to confirm whether you have unlocked your bootloader successfully.
If you see true for “device unlocked” row in the command prompt , then congratulations you’ve successfully unlocked your bootloader :)
How to install TWRP Recovery
- When your device is in fastboot mode, type the below command to install the TWRP recovery
- Once the installation completes, reboot your device into TWRP using below command.
That is it. Your device will boot into TWRP mode