Redmi 6 Pro
Redmi 6 pro is arguably one of the best Android budget smartphone that offers dual camera and a notch. Now TeamWin team provides further option to explore your best android smartphone. Let us see how to install TWRP recovery on your Redmi 6 pro.
Caution: Before proceeding, make sure that you’ve taken the complete back up of your device incuding media and contacts.
- Backup your data as this process will wipe out all your data.
- Make sure your battery is more than 65%
- Remove any lock screen security set up like finger print authorization or pass code.
- Install ADB and fastboot in your PC ( Here is the simple guide to install ADB and fastboot)
- Download thw TWRP recovery file in your PC and move it the same folder where you’ve downloaded ADB and fastboot files
- Rename the downloaded file to twrp.img for faster access
Let’s Proceed now. Please follow the below steps in order and let us know your feedback in comments.
What we are going to do:
- Unlocking bootloader
- Installing TWRP
All the Android smartphones will come with locked bootloader and a default recovery. To install any custom recovery or to root any device the primary thing to do is unlocking bootloader. The process to unlock bootloader is similar for all smart phones with a slight differences in execution.
To explore your device, this is the first thing to do and here we’ll see the step by step guide to unlock your boot loader.
For Mi/Redmi mobile:
Mi and Redmi moblies has different process to unlock bootloader. Let us see how to do it.
Step 1. Go to Mi’s official site , sign in with your Mi Account and download(Click to download) Mi Unlock app
Step 2. Shut down your phone manually. Now hold the Volume down key and Power button to enter Fastboot mode
Step 3. Then connect your phone to PC using standard USB cable
Step 4: click “Unlock” in the app
That is it. This app permits you to unlock your Mi/Redmi phone’s bootloader.
Installing TWRP Recovery
- Go to the folder where Fast boot is installed.
- Now press SHIFT key and right-click on an empty space inside the folder and Select ‘Open PowerShell window here’ from the right click menu that appears. If your PC running on windows 10 the option will “Open command window here”
- A PowerShell window shall open on your PC.
- Now use the below command in to install TWRP recovery. (Make sure that recovery.img is available in the current directory)
- The flashing process will start now. Once it is done, your device will boot into recovery mode now.
That is it. You’ve installed TWRP recovery in your Redmi 6 pro Android smartphone.