One UI Beta is now officially available for Samsung Galaxy S8, S8 plus and Note 8. Check this simple guide on how to install one UI BETA on your Samsung Galaxy device. Below is the guide to install unofficial version of One UI
Samsung recently announced Android Pie based One UI Beta for Samsung Galaxy S9 , S9 plus and Note 9. Samsung also confirmed that one UI will be rolled out to Galaxy S8 series and Note 8. Now XDA team has worked on the unofficial One UI Beta for Samsung galaxy S8. As of now we have the files only for the Snapdragon variants. We’ll share the exynos Variant too as soon as available. Let us see how to install One UI beta on Samsung galaxy S8, S8 plus and Note 8
Table of Contents
- Download the required files corresponding to your device from the below downloads sections
- Either You need a micro SD card or a PC with adb installed. Check this simple guide on how to install adb in your PC
- This process will erase all your data so make sure that you have taken a complete backup of your device including contacts and media.
- Make sure your device battery is more than 75%
Samsung Galaxy S8 (Snapdragon variant)
Download the below files for your Samsung Galaxy S8. Once downloaded, proceed to How to section.
Samsung Galaxy S8 plus (Snapdragon variant)
Download the below files for your Samsung Galaxy S8 plus. Once downloaded, proceed to How to section.
For Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (Snapdragon variant)
Download the below files for your Samsung Galaxy Note 8.
Installation process is similar for all three devices, only the files are different. Let us see how to install One UI beta on your device now
- If you have SD card, copy all the update.zip files to your sd card. If not Skip this step and proceed.
- Now extract the downloaded CRK1 odin files in your pc
- You may get 4 or more files, with AP, BL, CP or CSC etc. written at the beginning of those files. We need only AP, BL, CP and CSC files here.
- Open Odin in your PC
- Now turn off your Samsung device.
- Once the device turned off completely, press and hold power , bixby and volume down buttons at the same time for 5,8 seconds to boot your device into odin mode.
- Connect your phone to your pc using the authorised usb cable.
- Now you can see the flash message as connected in the message box. If your device doesn’t get added, Re-install the Samsung drivers or try connecting in different USB port.
- Click on BL tab in Odin, and select the file beginning with ‘BL’.
- Next Click on AP tab in Odin, and select the file beginning with AP.
- Now Click on CP tab in odin, and select the file beginning with CP.
- Finally Click on CSC tab, and select the file beginning with HOME_CSC or CSC.
- Do not put anything in userdata
Do not worry if Odin become unresponsive for few seconds as it is loading the firmware in background
Now go back to Log tab and click Start button. You can see the latest logs populating in the check box. Once the process is completed, you’ll see “PASS” message in ODIN tool
Once the Odin completes its flashing process, it will reboot the device automatically.
Now we need to install the update.zip files. You ca do it either by using SD card or by ADB.
1) Using SD Card
Installing One UI Beta using SD card is a simple process hence we recommend this over other one.
- Now switch off your device
- Press and hold power button , Volume Up and bixby together till your device boot into recovery mode.
- You will see the stock recovery screen. Navigate to “Apply update from SD card“. Use volume buttons to navigate. Press Power button to confirm the selection
- You will see the files in SD card , Select the downloaded file.
- For samsung S8 and S8 plus there are two update.zip files, make sure you are installing them in order. You have to select update.zip for CRK1 to CRL1 first. Once installed follow the same process and select the update.zip for CRL1 to DRL6 now.
- One UI beta will start installing in your device. It may take some time, so wait till the process completes and boot into all new One UI.
That is it! Your device will boot into One UI
2) Using ADB
If you do not have a micro sd card and can’t borrow the same, you need a PC with ADB. Follow this simple guide to install ADB.
- Connect your device to your PC with the standard USB cable
- Go to the folder where Fast boot is installed.
- Now press SHIFT key and right-click on an empty space inside the folder and Select ‘Open PowerShell window here’ from the right-click menu that appears. If your PC running on windows 10 the option will “Open command window here”
- A PowerShell window shall open on your PC.
- Now execute the following command in the command prompt. This will display the devices that are connected to the PC
- Move the downloaded Android Pie zip files to the same folder where you have installed ADB and rename update.zip for CRK1 to CRL1 first as update1.zip and similarly rename update.zip for CRL1 to DRL6 as update2.zip for easier access. (For note 8, only one file is there, so you can just rename to update1.zip)
- Now execute the below command in the command prompt. This will start installing One UI Beta in your device. Wait till the process completes.
For S8 and S8 plus, you’ll be having 2 files, so s8 and s8 plus users have to run one extra command to install the second zip file as well.
That is it! Your device will boot into One UI
Source: XDA Dev