Xiaomi recently announced MIUI 10 – a whole new AI assissted UI. Xiaomi announced the list of devices which will get the update in near future. Though the company isn’t announced officially about the MIUI 10 update, we’ve got the stable rom leaked Chinese ROM online. Do not worry you can change the device language while installing. You can sideload MIUI 10 on the following devices.
- Xiaomi Mi Mix 2
- Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
- Xiaomi Mi 6
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro
Please note that, official update isn’t available yet but we’ve got the closed beta version leaked. The open beta version may be available in late July followed by the stable version roll out which may take months.
But you can install MIUI 10 right now and to do so you’ve to unlock your bootloader if you haven’t done yet. Apply here to unlock your bootloader before proceeding further.
Please note that unlocking bootloader will wipe all your data. So make sure you’ve taken back up of all the files before proceeding.
How to install MIUI 10:
- Setup ADB and Fastboot on your computer as the first step.
- Connect your phone to your Computer
- Download the TWRP image as per your device from the link below:
- Download the MIUI 10 build as per your device model from the below links:
- Download the Google apps package here
- Now transfer the downloaded MIUI 10 ROM and GApps package from your PC to your phone if you downloaded them in your PC
- Now Reboot to the bootloader by powering off your phone and holding down the power key and volume down keys simultaneously.
- Now Boot TWRP on your device with the following command:
fastboot boot recovery /path/to/twrp.img(You have to replace /path/to/twrp.img with the actual filename and the location where you stored it)
- You’ll be booted into TWRP. Now tap on “Wipe” and then select “swipe to factory reset” to do a factory reset.
- Now click on “Install” button , Select the path where you’ve stored the MIUI 10 ROM and flash it.
- Wait till the installation completes.
- Once installation is completed, Tap “back” and then flash the Google apps package.
- Once the flashing is completed, tap on “reboot system”
That is it! The system will boot into all the new MIUI 10.
Source: XDA DEV