Xiaomi has released the global public BETA ROM. If you didn’t register as developer, you might not got the OTA update of the beta ROM. Let us see how to install MIUI 10 global BETA rom in your Xiaomi smartphones.
Supported devices and downloads
- Redmi Note 5 Pro : Fastboot ROM 2552M
- Redmi 5 : Recovery ROM 1412M / Fastboot ROM 2077M
- Redmi Note 5 :Recovery ROM 1416M / Fastboot ROM 2235M
- Redmi 3S/Prime: Recovery ROM 1273M / Fastboot ROM 1486M
- Redmi Note 3 : Recovery ROM 1256M / Fastboot ROM 1472M
- Redmi 4X : Recovery ROM 1308M / Fastboot ROM 1780M
- Mi Max 32GB : Recovery ROM 1462M / Fastboot ROM 1675M
- Mi Max 64G/128G: Recovery ROM 1462M / Fastboot ROM 1675M
- Redmi 4A: Recovery ROM 1314M/ Fastboot ROM 1796M
- Redmi 5A :Recovery ROM 1279M / Fastboot ROM 1962M
- Redmi Note 4 8.8.2 : Recovery ROM 1504M /Fastboot ROM 1987M
- Mi Max 2 Recovery ROM /Fastboot ROM 2118M
- Redmi Y1 LITE :Recovery ROM 1264M / Fastboot ROM 1836M
- Redmi Y1 :Recovery ROM 1270M / Fastboot ROM 1884M
- Mi Mix 2 :Recovery ROM 1628M / Fastboot ROM 2076M
- Redmi Y2 :Recovery ROM 1307M / Fastboot ROM 2079M
- Mi 5 : Recovery ROM 1420M / Fastboot ROM 1638M
- Take a complete back up of your device including media and contacts
- Make sure your battery is more than 65%
- Remove any lock security like pattern or fingerprint
- Download Mi flash tool from here
- Download the fastboot ROM for your device from the above link and keep it in your PC
- Make sure you’ve unlocked your smartphone’s bootloader (Here is the simple guide to unlock bootloader)
- Download and install ADB/Fastboot in your PC. (Here is the simple guide to install Fastboot/ADB)
Flashing MIUI 10
- The downloaded Fastboot ROM will be in zipped format. Extract the ROM in your PC
- Switch off your device now. Once the device is completely switched off, Press and hold the power and volume button at the same time for 5 to 10 secs. This will boot your device into fastboot.
- Now connect your phone from to the PC using standard USB cable
- Open Flash tool and click refresh button. It should detect your phone and display your device ID. (If not , you may have to install the Mi drivers)
- Now press “Clean ALL” in the right bottom of your MI tool (refer below image)
- Click on Select and browse to the folder where you have extracted the fastboot ROM and click Flash
- This wil start flashing your device with MIUI 10 Global Beta. This may take upto 3-5 mins.
- Make sure the device is not disconnected from PC while flashing
- Once the flashing is completed, the device will reboot into MIUI 10.
That is it! Congratulations, your device will run on all new AI based MIUI 10 global BETA.