Update: Oneplus officially announced Android 9.0 pie beta on 12th December. Folloe the below simple procedure to install it in your device
Andriod P :
Oneplus recently announced that Andriod P will come to Oneplus 3 and 3T . Which means, Oneplus 5 and 5T is already in the list and will receive the Andriod P update very sooner. The company will skip Andrio 8.1 Oreo and will provide Andrio P update. This news brings rejoice to all oneplus users around the world.
Though the release date of stable version is not officially confirmed yet, the company hav announce the beta version as always. Users who have installed stable version of Oxygen OS will not get this update via OTA. Rather they have to install manually to their smartphone. Here is the simple guide on how to install Andriod P bases Oxygen Beta version in your Oneplus smartphone.
Warning: Please note that Beta versions may have minor bugs which will be fixed in the later updates.
How to install :
- Go to OnePlus’s website and head to the Downloads page of oneplus 5/ oneplus 5T from your device.
- Go to the beta section and download the Andriod P based Oxygen OS Beta package to your internal storage. Or you can downloafnditectkyusing the below linjs
- Once you have completed the above steps ,you’ll have to dive into Recovery Mode
- Turn your OnePlus device off.
- Turn it on by holding the power button and volume down buttons at the same time to enter Recovery Mode.
- Select Install from Internal storage option.
- Browse and select your installion package
- Click install
Your OnePlus device will start installing Android P. This will take few mins an device will restart once. After restarting the device should be up and running with the all new Android P
You can install Andrio P quicker than the above process. Here is the alternate way to do so.
- After downloading the Andriod P file as mentioned in the previous step , Go to Settings.
- Click on the top right corner icon and click on local upgrade.
- Select the installation package which you just downloaded in your device and click upgrade.
This is one another and an easier process to install Oxygen Beta OS to your smartphone.