The biggest concern with android is that to get the timely software updates like Apple. Even the 5years old iPhone will get latest iOS version on the same day of the current year model. But it’s not something to blame the Android its all depends on many other factors actually. Here’s an easy way to get software updates from Samsung using Samsung smart switch
To get the forceful updates for Samsung device we can use Samsung smart switch software.
This also allows you to transfer your complete phone date to your new phone.
1) Software updates depends on the oem( original equipment. Manufactures) they have to customise the Android according to their needs.
2) Sometimes it’s specific region based. Updates via OTA will be available to some countries first. But not all the countries will get update same time.
3) Few carrier dependencies also there which stops your flagship from getting faster updates
4) OEM may leave Few models from the update list sometimes.
Here we are going to see how to get latest software to your Samsung mobile using Samsung’s smart switch..
Samsung Smart switch:
Samsung smart switch is a desktop software which primarily aims to back up and restore data when switching phones. But have a added feature of downloading and installing the latest available software for your mobile.
How to manually download and install latest android to Samsung devices:
1) Download and install the smart switch software for PC or Mac from the official Samsung smart switch website
2) Install and open the software and do the basic setups and then connect your mobile via usb.
3) If you have already used mobile connecting to laptop you can see your mobile connected to computer , if not click on the allow button.
If smart switch doesn’t recognise your mobile click on install device driver again and install it should resolve the issue.
4) Once the Samsing switch recognizes your phone, you will get several options including backing up and restoring the phone. To install a new store it’s not necessary to backup and restore it. But it’s advisable you backup your stuffs to avoid loss of data.
5) A software check is performed and if there is any update you will get the notification about software update on the main screen.
6) If an update is available click on it to download. First it will get downloaded to your computer and then side loaded to your mobile.
Your mobile will get restarted and the whole process should take 10-15 minutes depends on your internet speed.
7) If you set preferences that you want to download software updates via this way, each time when a software update is available, it will download to you pc in background.
If you are using Galaxy S7/S8/Note8/S9 owners:
Tap [Settings] > [Cloud and accounts] > [Smart Switch]
to open Smart Switch Mobile.
Smart Switch Mobile is already preloaded on Galaxy S7/S8/Note8/S9 device.
Please note that, this method isn’t going to force an update onto your phone that Samsung has not released yet. Unless Samsung have signed off and released an update for your exact phone, there’s no way to get it.
Smart Switch can get you an update quicker though, in cases where your carrier is slowly rolling out an update over the air (OTA). If your device doesn’t get the OTA update in your country yet, but Samsung already released the update you can definitely try this.
FEATURES OF SMART SWITCH:
Smart Switch gives you the freedom to move your contacts, music, photos, calendar, text messages, device settings and more to your new Galaxy device. Plus, Smart Switch helps you find your favorite apps or suggest similar ones on Google Play.
What can be transferred?
– Contacts, calendar(Device content only), messages, photos, music (DRM free content only, Not supported for iCloud), videos (DRM free content only), call logs, memos, alarms, Wi-Fi, wallpapers, documents, app data (Galaxy devices only), home layouts (Galaxy devices only)
– You can send app data and home layouts by upgrading your Galaxy device to M OS (Galaxy S6 or higher).
* Note: Smart Switch scans and transfers content stored on the device and from the SD card (if used).
Samsung smart switch can also be used to transfer data from any other mobiles to Samsung device.
Please check the Samsung smart switch websit. about the data transfer.