Dark theme for Youtube
YouTube recently announced that it’ll roll out dark theme for YouTube sooner. iPhones got it on the very next day whereas Android users are still waiting for their update. It looks like, the dark theme is now rolling out slowly in few countries. But you don’t have to wait until the official roll out. You can enable it right now. Thanks to XDA Dev team for providing the simple guide.
Table of Contents
Let’s see how to enable dark theme in Android YouTube app
This is how the Dark theme looks like.
- All you need is your smatphone, PC and a standard USB cable to connect your smart phone to your PC
- Install ADB and fastboot in your PC ( Here is the simple guide to install ADB and fastboot)
- Download “YouTubeDarkTheme_XDA.zip” from AndroidFileHost
Before proceed further, you have to enable USB Debugging option first.
Enabling USB Debugging:
- In your device, go to About phone and tap on Build number for few timestimes. This will enable Developer options.
- Go to settings –> developer option in your device and enable USB debugging. Below are the sample images for your reference.
Steps to Enable Dark theme:
Once you’ve installed the ADB and downloaded the file, enabling Dark theme is quite easy. Judt follow this simple process.
- Go to the folder where you’ve installed ADB and fasboot
- Move the downloaded file to your folder amd extract the file.
- Now press SHIFT key and right-click on an empty space inside the ADB folder and Select ‘Open PowerShell window here’ from the right click menu that appears. If your PC running on windows 10 the option will “Open command window here”
- A PowerShell window shall open on your PC.
- Now type the below command
- This will start the adb deamon if it’s not already running and list the connected devices
- Now type the below command in the prompt.
- You’ll see a messgae as “Unlock your device and confirm the restoration operation” as below.
- Now Unlock your smarphone, you will see a fullscreen prompt requesting you approve a “full restore of all data.”
- Accept it without entering a password. Please nots that Pressing “Restore My Data” will not wipe or replace any of your phone’s data (except YouTube’s settings), so don’t worry.
- After a few seconds, the fullscreen prompt will disappear.
- If you are already in the YouTube app, it will reload with the dark theme present. If you weren’t already in the app, just open it up now and it should load with the. dark theme.
Congratulations, You have enablwd dark theme in your Android YouTube. If you want to turn off the dark mode you’ll have to clear the YouTube’s app data. That is it!