Always on Display:
LG has introduced secondary display in it’s G V20, but it was not that successful and LG itself dropped the feature in it’s latest flagship lg V30. Samsung wanted to enable this feature without secondary display and introduced Always-On display in it’s S7 series. From then, This became famous and all the manufacturers are trying to adopt this feature in their flagship devices.
However, we have an android app now that enables us to enable always on display on all the android smartphones.
You can add a custom picture, or clock in the display.
The app is still in BETA testing and it may habe few bugs.Please note that this may affect your battery perfoemance. If your device has OLED, AMOLED or Super AMOLED display, you may not see any bigger changes in the battery life. But if your device has LCD display, you can notice the difference in battery life.
Download tany of the apps from the play store using the below link.
Recommended for AMOLED display:
For Any display:
Note: For Xiaomi devices you have to access the Security App -> Permissions -> Permissions -> Always On AMOLED -> Display pop-up window permission and Show on Lock screen.
• Notifications – Now you can view notifications without touching your device
• Just raise your device to wake!
• Automatic New rules to preserve battery using predefined rules
• Auto night mode dims the screen automatically in dark environment and saves battery
• Pocket mode locks the device when you leave it in your pocket to save battery
• Different predefined Styles: Digital Samaung S7 style, Classic 24H clock, Analog Samsung S7 style, Analog Pebble style and much more!
• Always On Memo – You can write a reminder and make it show up on your screen all the time!
• You can customize the short cut to wake the screen as – Double tap to wake the screen OR Swipe up to wake the screen OR Back button/Volume keys to wake
• Customization – You can change the text font, size color, brightness and much more