- Vivo X21 is the India’s first smartphone to have in-display fingerprint scanner
- The device is now available for pre-booking at just Rs.2000
The company has recently announced it’s all new Vivo X21 and the smartphone will be available for purchase from May 29, 2018. Right from the announcement, this has been in the headlines because this is the first smartphone to sport in-display fingerprint scanner. Customers can pre-book Vivo X21 in Vivo’s official store or Flipkart for just Rs. 2000 as pre-booking charge. This will be flipkart exclusive again.
Customer will also get bunch of launch day offers. Below is the list.
- 5% Cashback on SBI Credit card
- No cost emi upto 12 months on all makor credit cards
- Exrra 3000 off on exchanging your old device.
- Vodafone offer: Device Security & 280GB Additional Data (Click here for the complete details)
Update: Device is available for purchase at Rs.35,990 in flipkart now.
Vivo hasn’t officially announced the price of the device. The handset is Available in China for CNY 3,598 and Singapore for at SGD 799. Based on this price, the expected price in India is ~Rs. 35,990.
Vivo is done with it’s mid range devices and enters the premium market with Vivo X21. Let’s see the specs sheet now.
- 6.28-inch full-HD+ at 1080×2280 pixels resolution with 19:9 aspect ratio
- Features the best Super AMOLED display
- Dual Rear camera – 12MP with f/1.8 apertaure and 5 MP with f/2.4 apertaure and 12 MP with f/2.0 aperture front camera
- with AI face mode
- Shot refocus
- 4k UHD recording
- Supports 3D mapping
- Android 8.1 Oreo based FunTouch OS 4.0
- Sports in-display fingerprint scanner
- Octa core Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 chipset
- Adreno 512 Gaming processor
- 6 GB RAM
- 128 GB internal memory and supports micro SD card
- dual sim with 4G VoLTE connection
- Bluetooth v5.0, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, GPS/ A-GPS
- 3200 mAh battery
- Supports Fast charging
Vivo X21 is one of the company’s ambitious project and targets premium or flagship devices. Let’s see what Vivo has done better in Vivo VX21 to competite with oneplus 6 which is of same range.
- Vivo X21 Super AMOLED display is one of the best display in the market which is widely used my Samsung flagship devices
- Supports 3D mapping
- Sports with in-display fingerprint scanner which is first of it’s kind
- Shot refocus is a great feature to have but works well only on certain condition.
- AI mode and face beauty mode does really well in Vivo’s latest smartphones.
What could have been better:
Vivo is targeting premium and flagship devices. The company has quoted the price equal to a flagship device but one of the core requirement to be a flagship device is it’s processor and Vivo clearly failed in it.
- Vivo X21 is powered by Snapdragon 660 processor. Snapdragon 600 series is meant for midrange devices. Though Snapdragon 660 is the latest and advanced one in 600 series, still it falls behind the Snapdragon 800 series which is a flagship device processor
- 6.28 inch device sports with an average 3200 mAh battey. 3200 mAh battery is good enough for daily use, but heavy users might be disappointed.
- Secondary rear camera is average with f/2.4 aperture.
- Average slow motion mode which is normally found is all the latest smartphone.
Chexk out our detailed comparision between oneplus 6 and Vivo X21 here.
Vivo has done well in X21 but failed in a couple of specs like processor. In-display finger print scanner is the highlight on full screen display and Vivo’s camera is it’s greatest advantage. But has really Vivo justifies the price tag of Rs.39,999? Well, we do not think so. If Vivo has opted Snapdragon 845 instead of SD 660 and came with a better secondary camera, then it’s a worthy competitor.