Huawei P20 and Huawei P20 Pro:
In the recent event in Paris, Huawei has unveiled it’s first flagship phones Huawei P20 and Huawei P20 pro of this year which is the successor of Huawei P10.
Huawei released a teaser in it’s website hints the official launch of the new models in Indian market. Company dint confirm price and release date, it just mentioned as “Coming Soon in India”.
Expected price of P20 is approx. Rs 52,000. and P20 pro is Rs.72000. This flagship is directly contesting with iPhone X and Samsung s9.
Does Huawei has anythng extra than the usual top end Andriod and iPhone X?
Yes, indeed. Before going into the detailed specs, we’ll see whats speacial Huawe sports than other Flagships.
- Huawei P20 Pro comes with triple rear camera set up – 40 MP (f/1.8 , 1/1.7″, OIS) , 20 MP (f/1.6) + 8 MP (f/2.4).
- Equipped with 24 MP f/2.0 front facing camera
- Virtually adjustable notch, means user has an option to select whether they want notch or they don’t. Do you want to know how it works? Well it can be understood f u take a close look at the below image :).
I personaly feel Huawei is clever in handling the notch which some users see it as annoying.
|Huawei P20 Pro||Huawei P20|
|Size||6.1 inches (~81.9% screen-to-body ratio)||5.8 inches (~80.7% screen-to-body ratio)|
|Type||AMOLED screen||LTPS IPS LCD|
|Resolution||1080 x 2244 pixels, 18.7:9 ratio (~408 ppi density)||1080 x 2244 pixels, 18.7:9 ratio (~428 ppi density)|
|Processor||Hisilicon Kirin 970||Hisilicon Kirin 970|
|GPU||Mali-G72 MP12||Mali-G72 MP12|
|RAM||6 GB||4 GB|
|Internal Memory||128 GB||128 GB|
|Camera Rear:||Triple: 40 MP (f/1.8, 1/1.7", OIS) + 20 MP (f/1.6) + 8 MP (f/2.4), Leica optics, 3x optical zoom, phase detection and laser autofocus, dual-LED dual-tone flash||Dual: 12 MP (f/1.8, 1/2.3", 1.55 µm, OIS) + 20 MP (f/1.6, 27mm), Leica optics, 2x lossless zoom, phase detection and laser autofocus, dual-LED dual-tone flash|
|Camera Front:||24 MP, autofocus, f/2.0, 1080p||24 MP, autofocus, f/2.0, 1080p|
|3.5 MM JACK||No||Yes|
|Battery||3600 mAh Li-Po Non-removable battery||3400 mAh Li-Po Non-removable battery|
|Extra Features||Supports 360 deg. Face unlock||Supports 360 deg. Face unlock|
|IP67 certified - dust/water resistant (up to 1m for 30 mins)||NO|
Huawei P20 Pro v Huawei P20:
As distinguished above, apart from the size the main differences between P20 Pro and P20 are
- Camera: P20 pro’ triple rear camera(specs above) Vs. P20′ dual camera
- RAM: P20 Pro’s 6GB RAM vs P20’s 4GB RAM
- Diplay: P20 pro’s AMOLED screen vs P20’s LTPS IPS LCD screen
- Battery: P20 Pro’s 4000 mAh vs P20’s 3400 mAh’ battery
- P20 pro is IP67 certified duster and water resistant (upto 1m for 30 mins) but P20 isn’t.
Looks like both of the phones will be available exclusive in Flipkart. When tbe device is already unveiled in Paris, please find the hands on review from the expert on the below video.