As we’ve discussed here, Huawei launched its recent smartphones P20 Pro and P20 Lite in India. Both smartphones will be amazon exclusive and the company has set the price of P20 Pro at Rs 64,999 whereas P20 Lite is priced at Rs. 19,999. Both smartphones will go on sale starting May 3rd.
Does Huawei has anythng extra than the usual top end Andriod and iPhone X?
Yes, indeed. Before going into the detailed specs, we’ll see whats speacial Huawe sports than other Flagships.
- Huawei P20 Pro comes with triple rear camera set up – 40 MP (f/1.8 , 1/1.7″, OIS) , 20 MP (f/1.6) + 8 MP (f/2.4).
- Equipped with 24 MP f/2.0 front facing camera
- Virtually adjustable notch, means user has an option to select whether they want notch or they don’t. Do you want to know how it works? Well it can be understood f u take a close look at the below image :).
I personaly feel Huawei is clever in handling the notch which some users see it as annoying.
|Huawei P20 Pro||Huawei P20 Lite|
|Size||6.1 inches (~81.9% screen-to-body ratio)||5.84 inches (~80.7% screen-to-body ratio)|
|Type||FULL HD+ OLED screen||FULL HD+ TFT LCD screen|
|Processor||Hisilicon Kirin 970||HiSilicone Kirin 659|
|GPU||Mali-G72 MP12||Mali-G72 MP12|
|RAM||6 GB||4 GB|
|Internal Memory||128 GB||64 GB|
|Camera Rear:||Triple: 40 MP (f/1.8, 1/1.7", OIS) + 20 MP (f/1.6) + 8 MP (f/2.4), Leica optics, 3x optical zoom, phase detection and laser autofocus, dual-LED dual-tone flash||Dual: 16 MP + 2 MP at at f/2.2 aperture|
|Camera Front:||24 MP, autofocus, f/2.0, 1080p||16 MP, autofocus with f/2.2 aperture|
|3.5 MM JACK||No||Yes|
|Battery||3600 mAh Li-Po Non-removable battery||3000 mAh Li-Po Non-removable battery|
|Extra Features||Supports 360 deg. Face unlock||Supports 360 deg. Face unlock|
|IP67 certified - dust/water resistant (up to 1m for 30 mins)||NO|
Huawei P20 Pro v Huawei P20:
As distinguished above, apart from the size and processor, the main differences between P20 Pro and P20 are
- Camera: P20 pro’ triple rear camera(specs above) Vs. P20 Lite’s dual camera
- RAM: P20 Pro’s 6GB RAM vs P20 Lite’s 4GB RAM
- Diplay: P20 pro’s AMOLED screen vs P20 Lite’s LTPS IPS LCD screen
- Battery: P20 Pro’s 3600 mAh vs P20 Lite’s 3000 mAh’ battery
- P20 pro is IP67 certified duster and water resistant (upto 1m for 30 mins) but P20 Lite isn’t.
The devices are already unveiled in Paris, please find the hands on review from the expert on the below video.